Friday, December 31, 2010

Put The Needle On It

Put The Needle On It
Last night David and I did a bit of shopping together to put the finishing touches on my Xmas gift from him. This year, I became the very HAPPY recipient of a portable turntable record player! I’ve never been a big vinyl fan (primarily because my lazy ass prefers the ease of use that comes [...]

Last night David and I did a bit of shopping together to put the finishing touches on my Xmas gift from him. This year, I became the very HAPPY recipient of a portable turntable record player! I’ve never been a big vinyl fan (primarily because my lazy ass prefers the ease of use that comes from CDs/MP3s) but I have been a collector of record albums for years. This year I decided I wanted a small record player and David made my Xmas wish come true.


I settled on the Crosley Keepsake USB Turntable for its portability and computer connectivity. Trust me, I know this is not a high fidelity device … but all I really wanted was a small turntable to play my records on. I never owned a record player of my own but my parents had a huge stereo that was a full on record player and 8-track player. I used to play my Books on Record on that behemoth … but sometimes, I’d go next door and hang out with my friends Monica and Adam and listen to records on her portable record player (which looked much like the one I just got). Because much of my record collection is still back home in Detroit (Tori Amos, NIN, Garbage, Pearl Jam, etc. … albums that I collected when the CDs came out and never opened), we went to Amoeba Records in Hollywood last night to pick up a few new/used discs:


The records featured above are some of the albums I picked up last night. The Smiths album is on cool purple vinyl and the Siouxsie and the Banshees disc is on glow-in-the-dark vinyl :D To be honest, I haven’t had much time to play records … but I am SO in love with this gift. If you have any suggestions for must own records, please pass them along in the comments below. I know that vinyl will not replace my need for CDs/MP3s but it sure is a fun way to really enjoy music. Any vinyl fans out there?




Avril Lavigne
Fergie

No comments:

Post a Comment