Saturday, September 25, 2010

Six Feet Under

Six Feet Under
Last night my friend Darion and I made our way out to the ArcLight Hollywood to see an early screening of the new Ryan Reynolds film Buried. Much to my happy surprise, the 90ish minute long movie takes place entirely inside a coffin buried in the Iraqi desert with only Reynolds to provide the film’s [...]

Last night my friend Darion and I made our way out to the ArcLight Hollywood to see an early screening of the new Ryan Reynolds film Buried. Much to my happy surprise, the 90ish minute long movie takes place entirely inside a coffin buried in the Iraqi desert with only Reynolds to provide the film’s entertainment … and he does an absolutely fantastic job:


There are 3 things that I learned from this film … First, if you find that you are buried in the desert and you are blessed with a working cell phone, 99.9% of the people you call for help will not believe you. Second, Iraq has THE BEST cellphone service that I have ever heard of … even when buried in the desert, your calls to various locales around the globe can successfully be made. Third, Ryan Reynolds is very, very capable of providing a film’s worth of entertainment with just a coffin and a few props (a cellphone, a pen, a flashlight and a couple of glow sticks). I’m telling you … this film is great. The only thing I did not like was the inclusion of a surprise snake in the middle of the film … I mean, I get there needs to be some elements of surprise but the snake felt like a bit too much to me. That being said, there really are no bad things to say about the film. I loved the Michigan connection of the character and I really loved how the story played itself out. For the duration of the film you are not really sure how things are going to end … I was very satisfied with the way this film ended. Both Darion and I loved this film a lot, even tho Ryan Reynolds didn’t take off one piece of clothing! He really impressed me with his acting in Buried, I think he may impress you, too.

Tonight a bunch of us are making our way up to Valencia, CA to play at Six Flags Magic Mountain Amusement Park for their annual Out on the Mountain night!


Basically, the park shuts down for the gays so that we can run amok and ride all the rides to our collective hearts’ content. We had a blast last year so we are all very excited for another night of fun tonight!!




Olivia Wilde
Megan Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment