Friday, October 1, 2010

The ‘Riot’ Act

The ‘Riot’ Act
Last night I made my way out to the Key Club on the Sunset Strip in West Hollywood, CA to see the amazing Digital Hardcore innovators Atari Teenage Riot live in concert for the first time since 1999. I’ve been a huge fan of ATR and Alec Empire since the mid-90′s but I only got [...]

Last night I made my way out to the Key Club on the Sunset Strip in West Hollywood, CA to see the amazing Digital Hardcore innovators Atari Teenage Riot live in concert for the first time since 1999. I’ve been a huge fan of ATR and Alec Empire since the mid-90′s but I only got to see them live in concert one time on their first US tour in ’99. Last night, at long last, I was able to see them live on stage again:


Digital Hardcore is electronic punk/noise and isn’t really the kind of music that most people like to listen to. I am not like most people tho and I really, really love the genre. Despite the fact that the music is mostly noisy, there are electronic beats that give the music a heart and soul … albeit a cold, aggressive yet funky soul. I’m not much of a mosh pit guy anymore but I simply had to get up close and personal with ATR last night. After the jump, check out some of the photos I snapped during the show …


For me, Digital Hardcore doesn’t make me angry … it makes me happy. I’m not sure what it is about the genre but I really love listening to it. Hearing the music performed live is a treat I don’t get to enjoy very often so last night’s concert was a lot of fun. For those of you interested, here is a clip from last night’s show that I found on You Tube. It kinda gives you a taste of what kind of concert Atari Teenage Riot puts on:


Yes, my ears were ringing and my head was pounding but ATR really put on a fantastic show. I feel very lucky I’ve gotten to see them in concert twice now … I can only hope I’ll get to see them live again.

Tonight, David and I will be heading out to see The Social Network and then play the rest of the night by ear. Can you believe it’s the weekend already? Can you believe it’s October already? Happy Friday!!




Avril Lavigne
Fergie

No comments:

Post a Comment