Monday, October 25, 2010

Zachary Quinto Addresses Gay Rumors By Saying…

Zachary Quinto Addresses Gay Rumors By Saying…
The New York Times asked Angels in America/Star Trek actor Zachary Quinto whether or not he's gay, to which he replied: “I’m grateful that celebrity or notoriety wasn’t thrust upon me when I was in my 20s, because I think I would have buckled under the weight of it, as so many people do, but I’ve [...]

zachary quinto is vague to ny times about his sexuality

The New York Times asked Angels in America/Star Trek actor Zachary Quinto whether or not he's gay, to which he replied:

“I’m grateful that celebrity or notoriety wasn’t thrust upon me when I was in my 20s, because I think I would have buckled under the weight of it, as so many people do, but I’ve come to realize through experience that ultimately I really do have a lot of power in terms of the way I relate to the public or to people outside of my intimate circle of friends and family. Boundaries are very important to me.”

More from Quinto:

“The fact that these things are such hot-button issues right now, socially and politically, I would much rather talk about that than talk about who I sleep with. I would love to be a voice in this maelstrom of chaos and obsessive celebrity infatuation that says, ‘Let’s talk about something that matters'."

We can certainly appreciate what he's saying, and we think it's wonderful that he's been such a positive, supportive voice who has been vocal about important issues such as anti-gay bullying, gay marriage, and "don't ask, don't tell."

Admittedly, if he does consider himself to be gay, it could be really fantastic for him to announce it to the world.

Given the fact that he plays Spock in one of the coolest, most popular, active film franchises at the moment, it could definitely be comforting for teens to see a gay role model in such an awesome, high-profile movie as Star Trek.

Just a thought.

Regardless, we consider Zachary Quinto to be a positive influence in the gay community, and we appreciate his support!

[Image via WENN.]




Nikki Reed
Elisha Cuthbert

No comments:

Post a Comment