Thursday, July 28, 2011

Kat Von D REFUSES To Apologize For Storming Out of Good Day L.A.

Kat Von D REFUSES To Apologize For Storming Out of Good Day L.A.
In a looooong winded sort of way. Kat Von D has released a lengthily letter explaining her position on why she stormed out of her scheduled Good Day L.A. interview yesterday. It's titled, "What Can I Say? I Suck." So far, we agree. The letter goes on to say: "Although my intentions were never to offend or hurt anyone’s [...]

In a looooong winded sort of way.

Kat Von D has released a lengthily letter explaining her position on why she stormed out of her scheduled Good Day L.A. interview yesterday. It's titled, "What Can I Say? I Suck."

So far, we agree.

The letter goes on to say:

"Although my intentions were never to offend or hurt anyone’s feelings, this isn't an apology for walking out on a silly morning show interview this morning- and this isn’t an attempt at justifying anything either. I don't expect people to understand, just like I can't expect myself to be able to please everyone at all times.

[Thursday] the new season of LA Ink starts and I admit I'm not strong enough to do all the press I committed to doing for the show. Today was a perfect example of that. I'm not going to flatter myself in thinking I'm interesting enough for the press not to pry into gossip-related questions so its unfair of me to expect them to respect that ..but even though it's not in my nature to cancel on people, it IS in my nature to admit when I'm weak.

Ratings….Sales….Publicity….The amount of followers I have on twitter… None of those things matters to me… Watch the show or don’t watch it. Whether people tune in or not doesn't change my best efforts or the quality of what I do, because when you make something for the sake of putting good out into the universe, the payback comes from a much more fulfilling place than any man made form of payment."

Look, we said yesterday that if her reason for canceling was due to human weakness, we'd try to understand. And in a way, we do.

But this is Hollywood and if she was really so apprehensive about talking about her relationship, she should've canceled ahead of time. Furthermore, she shouldn't put the show down because they are doing their job. People want to know - it's their job to ask the questions.

Everyone has a role to play, girl. You should try to respect that if you want other people to respect you.

[Image via WENN.]




AnnaLynne McCord
Kate Beckinsale

No comments:

Post a Comment