Wednesday, July 28, 2010

All Work And No Play . . .

All Work And No Play . . .
Last night Tracey and I made our way to the ArcLight Theater in Hollywood to see a screening of the 1980 Stanley Kubrick film The Shining. Hands down, The Shining is one of my all-time fave films … and is deffo in my Top 5 horror films list. I’ve seen the film many times but [...]

Last night Tracey and I made our way to the ArcLight Theater in Hollywood to see a screening of the 1980 Stanley Kubrick film The Shining. Hands down, The Shining is one of my all-time fave films … and is deffo in my Top 5 horror films list. I’ve seen the film many times but never on the big screen … when I found out that a big screen showing was happening last night, I jumped at the chance to get tickets:


I was completely blown away … a film with such size and scope as The Shining MUST be seen on the big screen. You really haven’t experienced the film properly if you’ve only seen it on TV. I was shocked how much the booming music and sound changed my perspective of the film in the theater … to say that the effective use of sound adds to the overall effect would be an understatement. The sound and music almost make the film. Despite the fact that I had seen the film many times before, watching it on the big screen last night felt like I was watching it for the first time. I am so glad I got to see it as Kubrick intended the film to be seen. Watching the film with new eyes, I’m convinced that Jack Nicholson‘s first scene with the phantom bartender Lloyd was used as inspiration for his entire role as The Joker in the 1989 film Batman. The Shining is truly a cinematic masterpiece, I am just so glad I got to see it FINALLY on the big screen.

After the jump, check out some fun photos I took last night and meet the Pink reader that I got to meet at the theater last night …


We had a really fun night together … Tracey was scared to death, it was win/win all around. After the movie, we ran into Pink reader Pinky who was gracious enough to take a pic with me:


It was my great pleasure meeting her … getting to chat with her for a bit was a nice way to end the night.

This afternoon, I think we’re headed for the beach. It’s gloomy, cloudy and cool today … perfect beach weather ;)




Bar Refaeli
Malin Akerman
Mila Kunis

No comments:

Post a Comment