Saturday, July 31, 2010

X Factor Winner Comes Out!

X Factor Winner Comes Out!
X Factor winner Joe McElderry is gay! Despite denying rumors in the past, the 19-year-old singer made the decision to come out, saying, "I'm really happy, I now know who I am." Joe had previously insisted he was straight when asked by the media, but up until he three weeks ago, he didn't really the know the [...]

joemcelderry.jpg

X Factor winner Joe McElderry is gay!

Despite denying rumors in the past, the 19-year-old singer made the decision to come out, saying, "I'm really happy, I now know who I am."

Joe had previously insisted he was straight when asked by the media, but up until he three weeks ago, he didn't really the know the answer himself!

“Every time I was asked, I gave honest answers. I wasn’t attracted to anyone anyway, male or female. It never really entered my head I was gay. I’ve had time to think about things. I wasn’t attracted to anyone anyway, male or female. It never really entered my head I was gay. But I just know. It’s how I feel. I’m so happy. It’s all been so recent to be honest. Over the past couple of weeks I’ve had time to think and come to realize who I am. I have grown up a lot. I know it sounds crazy but before then, I was so busy. It hadn’t even crossed my mind.

I only told my mum last week, on a train. She was fine, great even. She’d actually asked us in the past, not because she thought I was gay but because she’s a supportive mum. She’d say, ‘I don’t care if you have a girlfriend or boyfriend’. My family have been so supportive.”

Joe also reveals that he's only kissed one boy, saying that he thought, " 'Oh, that’s weird, maybe that’s what happens.' I didn’t know what it meant. It was nothing serious, just a one-off thing. I’m single, I’ve not had a ­relationship with a boy, but I just know. It’s how I feel."

He even says that X Factor judges Simon Cowell and Cheryl Tweedy were completely supportive of his decision. And as for his fans, he says, “I’m not worried about how fans will react. They have always said they’ll back me no matter what. Everyone’s been really kind so I would like to thank them and your readers for all the support."

And we support you too, Joe! Congrats!

Welcome to the gayborhood!

[Image via WENN.]




Angelina Jolie
Vanessa Hudgens
Danneel Harris
Zoe Saldana

No comments:

Post a Comment