Monday, November 29, 2010

Michelle Williams Continues To Channel Her Inner Marilyn Monroe

Michelle Williams Continues To Channel Her Inner Marilyn Monroe
Last month we got our first look at actress Michelle Williams in full make-up as Marilyn Monroe in her new film My Week with Marilyn. Today we get to see another promo photo of Michelle as Marilyn and I gotta say, I much prefer this photo to the first Marilyn photo we saw last month: [...]

Last month we got our first look at actress Michelle Williams in full make-up as Marilyn Monroe in her new film My Week with Marilyn. Today we get to see another promo photo of Michelle as Marilyn and I gotta say, I much prefer this photo to the first Marilyn photo we saw last month:

Michelle Williams joked that she wasn’t quite her normal self these days — and it’s all Marilyn Monroe’s fault. ‘I feel like we live together,’ the actress said, of portraying the iconic blonde in a new movie My Week With Marilyn that just completed filming at Pinewood Studios. Michelle explained that she has immersed herself so deeply in interpreting (definitely not impersonating) Monroe that her judgment had become a little cloudy. ‘At a certain point, something else does take over. I don’t quite feel myself these days,’ she told me as we sat in her dressing room at Pinewood — which was eerie in itself, because it was where Monroe made The Prince And The Showgirl back in 1956, with Laurence Olivier starring opposite her and also directing. My Week With Marilyn focuses on the relationship that developed between Colin Clark, a handsome Old Etonian and Oxford graduate who worked as a general dogsbody on set, and Monroe … My Week With Marilyn also explores the nature of fame and celebrity, with Clark and Monroe’s security guard smuggling her away from her American handlers for a glimpse of England.

To be honest, I never saw Marilyn Monroe in Michelle Williams before she got this role … but I wholeheartedly believe that she is capable of bringing the legendary icon to life on the big screen. Not only am I curious to see Michelle‘s portrayal of Marilyn in this film but I’m also terribly curious to see Emma Watson in her first big movie after the Harry Potter film franchise. Thus far, I’m loving what I’m hearing … and seeing from My Week with Marilyn. I can’t wait to see more.

[Source]




Malin Akerman
Mila Kunis
Eliza Dushku
Adriana Lima

No comments:

Post a Comment