Thursday, June 24, 2010

I’m A ‘Disco-Dancing, Oscar Wilde-Reading, Streisand Ticket-Holding Friend Of Dorothy’

I’m A ‘Disco-Dancing, Oscar Wilde-Reading, Streisand Ticket-Holding Friend Of Dorothy’
Yesterday was a pretty damn fun day for me … after the FedEx man made my day early yesterday morning with the delivery of my shiny, new iPhone 4 (which allowed me to miss out on all of THIS fun), David and I enjoyed a really great night at the movies together. But, before we [...]

Yesterday was a pretty damn fun day for me … after the FedEx man made my day early yesterday morning with the delivery of my shiny, new iPhone 4 (which allowed me to miss out on all of THIS fun), David and I enjoyed a really great night at the movies together. But, before we made our way out to the ArcLight Theater in Pasadena, CA, I got to chat for a bit with my BFF Sarah and her boyfriend Mark using the FaceTime video chat function of our new iPhone 4 phones:


It was so fun getting to see Sarah and Mark as we chatted (despite how unhappy I look in the screenshot above ;). Because Mark has yet to visit David me and me in LA, I was able to give him a short tour of our home using the FaceTime function. It worked seamlessly and flawlessly. I still want to use the phone for a few days before I write up my review but, thus far, I love the hell out of this phone.

After we all got to chat, David and I made the trek to Pasadena to see one of my fave movies ever on the big screen … for the first time since it originally showed in theaters back in 1995. I can’t even tell you how much I love Clueless:


I did my best to not recite the lines with the movie but … well, I kinda had to say my fave lines. I SO love how Clueless (and other movies from ’95) stand as such awesome time capsules from the mid-90′s. The clothes, the slang, the references … it’s just a great movie. David got a kick out of the shout out to Nine Inch Nails, I just loved seeing my fave film on the big screen again after so many years. I was so happy that they showed the actual film and not just a DVD (as some theaters do when they screen older movies). We had a blast.

Today … we are going to Disneyland! David and I have been talking about going back to Disney and we decided today would be the day. Not sure when we’re gettin’ down there but we are anxious to see the new World of Color show they got going on at California Adventure. Should be fun … wee!




Dominique Swain
Rosario Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment