Sunday, July 25, 2010

Dream On

Dream On
Yesterday afternoon I made my way to the ArcLight in Hollywood, CA to see Inception one week after it opened in theaters. Because I was in Paris, France last weekend I was unable to see the movie that the rest of the country already saw. I’ve been fearful all week long that someone might inadvertently [...]

Yesterday afternoon I made my way to the ArcLight in Hollywood, CA to see Inception one week after it opened in theaters. Because I was in Paris, France last weekend I was unable to see the movie that the rest of the country already saw. I’ve been fearful all week long that someone might inadvertently spoil the film for me so I wanted to see it as soon as possible. Man, I am glad that I did … cuz the film is really freakin’ good:


I had no doubt that director Christoper Nolan would give us a great film but I was not prepared for how complex and GOOD the story would be. When dealing with a plot line that revolves around dreams, dream stealing and subconscious mind manipulation you have a wide pallet to paint with … Nolan manages to give us a film that spreads out far and wide in complexity without being too confusing. As much as there were many layers to the story (ie. the dream with in a dream with in a dream thing), I found the story easy to follow. The special effects were, I mean, just wow. I was very impressed with the acting but, to be honest, no one really stood out with a particularly stunning performance. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was my fave (there are rumors that JGL might play The Riddler in Batman 3 … I’m crossing my fingers that he does get the part), followed by Ellen Page. I was pleased that Leonardo DiCaprio didn’t annoy me like he usually does but I was a bit bummed that Marion Coutillard wasn’t as big a character as I hoped she would be. All in all, the film is great … I truly loved it. Was it my fave of the year, I don’t think so … but it is deffo worth seeing … maybe even twice.

After the movie, I met up with Josh and we made our way to the Henry Fonda Theater to see Kelis and Robyn kick off their All Hearts Tour. I’ll have a post about that show coming right up …




Malin Akerman
Mila Kunis
Eliza Dushku
Adriana Lima

No comments:

Post a Comment