Friday, July 2, 2010

Such Great ‘Heights’

Such Great ‘Heights’
Yesterday afternoon, David and I attended a matinee performance of the hit Broadway show In the Heights (which won the Best Musical Award at the 2008 Tony Awards) which just opened at the Pantages Theater here in Hollywood, CA. I’ve been wanting to see this show for a very long time but we never managed [...]

Yesterday afternoon, David and I attended a matinee performance of the hit Broadway show In the Heights (which won the Best Musical Award at the 2008 Tony Awards) which just opened at the Pantages Theater here in Hollywood, CA. I’ve been wanting to see this show for a very long time but we never managed to see it while we were in NYC. When I heard In the Heights was coming to LA, I bought tickets as soon as I could and managed to get us front row center seats:


I knew that the show would be good but I was not prepared for how blown away I would be by it. The music, the lyrics, the subject matter … it all spoke to me so perfectly. I’ve never seen a show where rap was utilized in the performance and was quite impressed with how it was integrated into the show. I’m not even kidding … I nearly started bawling my eyes out 3 times during the show. The woman next to me was crying so much, I had to hold it together so as not to embarrass myself. I am so in love with this show … I am gonna try and see it again before it ends its LA run. The audience was FULL of young Hispanic children (many schools and groups were in the hiz with us yesterday) and I thought it was really cool that they got to see a Broadway show that featured an entire cast of color. David and I were totally wowed … if you get the chance to see In the Heights either here, in NYC or elsewhere in the country on tour you MUST see it. I think you’ll love it as much as I did :)

Tonight, I’m hoping to meet up with Darion for another hang out session … we need to get the 4th of July Weekend off to a great start! Happy weekend! Get out there and enjoy it!!




Rihanna
Jordana Brewster
Jennifer Love Hewitt

No comments:

Post a Comment