Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Depends-ables

The Depends-ables
Last night David and I met up with our friends Darion and Sebastian so that we could finally see the #1 movie in the country right now, The Expendables. To be honest, the only reason that Darion and I were even remotely interested in seeing this movie was because Charisma Carpenter (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, [...]

Last night David and I met up with our friends Darion and Sebastian so that we could finally see the #1 movie in the country right now, The Expendables. To be honest, the only reason that Darion and I were even remotely interested in seeing this movie was because Charisma Carpenter (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel) is featured in the flick … David and Sebastian just came along for the ride. All in all, the film about a group of semi-geriatric action stars saving a fictional Latin country from the evil despotism of a soul-less dictator and the American slime-ball bankrolling his efforts was kinda fun … but it was also kinda bad, but in a good way:


The opening moments of the film had us worried … that is, until the first bad guy was blown to pieces by a grenade launcher. It was at that moment that we knew that even if the acting was terrible (it was), if the writing was terrible (it was) and if it would be difficult to look at Sylvester Stallone‘s bad plastic surgery with a straight face (it really was) the movie would still be worthwhile. The action scenes are really ridiculously fun (as opposed to the film’s few attempts to feature genuine emotion from the actors … those scenes were just plain ridiculous) and make the movie worth your time and money. I was a bit surprised to see that the Governor of California had a cameo in the film and was even more surprised that Charisma only had 2 scenes in the whole movie … but, still, we had a good time:


To clarify, it’s a movie that you could prolly wait to see on DVD or on cable but I’m glad that we went.

One more thing, I also used last night as my opportunity to wear my “vintage” 1991 POP Swatch:


I realize this glorious piece of neon plastic nostalgia has nothing at all to do with our movie fun last night but I’ve been in such a Swatch mood lately, I’m actually really proud to show off my watches :) Besides, one can never wear too much neon, ya know?

It’s Friday … I hope all y’all have a great weekend planned! Enjoy it!!




Jessica Biel
Leighton Meester
Jessica Alba
Christina Aguilera

No comments:

Post a Comment