Saturday, August 28, 2010

Movie Mania

Movie Mania
Last night David and I decided to forgo all the craziness going on around town and stay in for a quite night on the couch … which, of course, meant a night at the movies! First up, I watched the 1984 film Red Dawn … then the 2003 film Party Monster … then the 1992 [...]

Last night David and I decided to forgo all the craziness going on around town and stay in for a quite night on the couch … which, of course, meant a night at the movies! First up, I watched the 1984 film Red Dawn … then the 2003 film Party Monster … then the 1992 film Buffy the Vampire Slayer:


I had only seen Red Dawn once before but I had forgotten most of it … it tells the fictional tale of a Soviet/Cuban invasion of the USA and the first months of World War III. It stars Patrick Swayze, Charlie Sheen, Lea Thompson, Jennifer Grey and others as freedom fighter kids who fight back against the invading armies. It’s ridiculously cheesy but still a great movie. I remember seeing Party Monster (starring Seth Green and Macaulay Culkin) in the theater back in 2003. The film is outrageously fun … and while people mainly remember Macaulay performance, I have always been much more impressed with Seth‘s performance in the film. And the film soundtrack? OMG, it’s one of my faves of all time. I also saw Buffy the Vampire Slayer in the theater back in 1992 … I loved it then and I love it now. The world may know Sarah Michelle Geller as Buffy Summers but Kristy Swanson was the original Buffy and she kicked all kinds of ass in the original film. I don’t usually spend my Friday nights in front of the TV but last night was a fun exception.

Not sure what we’re doing tonight … there’s an Emmy party that we may attend but we’re still undecided. It’s such a nice day out, I think I’ll do something to enjoy it while I can. Happy Weekend, y’all!!




Charlize Theron
Anna Faris

No comments:

Post a Comment