Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Damon Dash Talks His SERIOUS Tax Debt!

Damon Dash Talks His SERIOUS Tax Debt!
Ouch! The money troubles continue! Former Jay-Z bestie and Roc-A-Fella Records company co-founder Damon Dash is in serious debt, and according to a lax lien filed last month, owes more than $3 million in back taxes! He explains: "I owe way more than $2 million in taxes. That must've just been the IRS. Nah, nah, I'm [...]

Ouch! The money troubles continue!

Former Jay-Z bestie and Roc-A-Fella Records company co-founder Damon Dash is in serious debt, and according to a lax lien filed last month, owes more than $3 million in back taxes!

He explains:

"I owe way more than $2 million in taxes. That must've just been the IRS. Nah, nah, I'm fucked up. It's the price of business; it is what it is. I owe taxes: I got to pay. They're auditing me. When you're a business man, you have a lot of businesses, a lot of times they think you're laundering money or you're pretending you're writing things off that you don't. I'm a true businessman. As you know, I believe in my independence, I have no partners, so every dollar I make goes right back into every business I have. If I have an accountant that just reports I just invested $10 million in my business and he doesn't exactly itemize where every cost goes, it gives a flag to the government. They want to make sure that the reason I'm not paying taxes is because I'm reinvesting in these businesses and not trying to hide stuff. They gotta look at every single transaction, and the government is slow. They really don't believe that I'm so real about putting all of my money into my business, but that's what I do."

We certainly hope he's telling the truth, because we have a feeling if he's not, then the IRS is certainly going to find out!

Here's hoping all is figured out!

[Image via WENN.]



Olivia Wilde
Megan Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment