Monday, June 14, 2010

Ricky Martin Headed to Broadway in 'Evita' Revival

Ricky Martin Headed to Broadway in 'Evita' Revival

Ricky Martin will star in the first Broadway revival of Evita since the musical smash first hit the Great White Way over 30 years ago.

Martin will play Che, taking the stage alongside Argentinean actress Elena Roger, who will play Eva Peron. Roger first played Eva in a 2006 production of the Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber musical in London's West End.

Martin, who first hit Broadway in 1999 in Les Miserables, says of the new production, set to debut in Spring 2012, "I've been blessed with the opportunity to perform on many of the world’s largest concert stages, but I’ve never lost my love for the intimacy of the theater. I’m delighted to know that after I’ve had the chance to share new music and tour over the coming year, that I will then return once again to Broadway."




Zoe Saldana
Pen�lope Cruz

No comments:

Post a Comment