Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bulking Up

Bulking Up
Because David and I have decided to join the Target Boycott due to their funding of horribly homophobic politicians in this country, we found ourselves in need of a new store to buy our household products. We decided, after hearing many great things, to take our business to Costco. Now, for many years, I’ve resisted [...]

Because David and I have decided to join the Target Boycott due to their funding of horribly homophobic politicians in this country, we found ourselves in need of a new store to buy our household products. We decided, after hearing many great things, to take our business to Costco. Now, for many years, I’ve resisted shopping at Costco because I have a hard time swallowing the notion of paying a $50 annual fee to shop at a store BUT … we decided to give it a shot:


While we managed to find many of the things we needed in large bulk sizes (and at surprisingly low prices) we were a bit bummed by the limited brand selection. I was thrilled to find cases of bottled Mexican Coca-Cola (which is made with pure cane sugar rather than fructose corn syrup) but chagrined not to find our favorite kinds of shampoo, body wash, hand soap and dry snacks. As you can tell from our very full cart, we did find many of the things we needed but left the store with much of our shopping list left unfulfilled. To be honest, the whole shopping experience at Costco was really stressful. We’ll have to see how we manage to use all the stuff we bought but I fear that shopping at Costco may not be for us.

After our harrowing shopping adventure, I made David take me to one of my fave dining places — find out how I stuffed my face, after the jump …


OUTBACK!!! Those cheese fries really made my night … even tho they didn’t last very long ;) Ugh. It remains to be seen if Costco will be our Target replacement but I am glad we stocked up on a lot of necessities … I’m not looking forward to going back to that massive warehouse for a very long time.

This afternoon, I’ll be meeting up with my friend Tony so that we can go to a live taping of America’s Got Talent. Kylie Minogue will be performing her new single Get Out Of My Way LIVE on the show … so look for me in the audience ;) I know cameras are not allowed inside the studio but we’ll see if I can work some magic to share with all y’all here on the blog tomorrow.




Olivia Wilde
Megan Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment