Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hey Man, Nice Show

Hey Man, Nice Show
Yesterday was a pretty fun day for me. Late yesterday afternoon, David and I met up again with a group of friends to see the indie film Another Earth (which was AMAZING, my review is coming up shortly) before I made my way out to the Key Club on the Sunset Strip to see Filter [...]

Yesterday was a pretty fun day for me. Late yesterday afternoon, David and I met up again with a group of friends to see the indie film Another Earth (which was AMAZING, my review is coming up shortly) before I made my way out to the Key Club on the Sunset Strip to see Filter in concert. Filter is currently on tour with, like, 5 other bands but they were really the only band I wanted to see in concert. It has been YEARS since I’ve seen the band live … prolly not since the 90′s. While the show was kinda short, it was really fun … and I had a blast. Click below to see some photos and watch some videos from the show.


Filter is fronted by Richard Patrick, who some of you know was an original member of the first band version of Nine Inch Nails in the late 80s/early 90s. I’ve been a big fan of the band every since Filter released their debut album and have always enjoyed their live shows. Unfortch for me, the last tour that Filter did before now was with Ozzfest and, well, I’m not a big Ozzfest fan. It was really amazing getting to see Filter up close and personal in a tiny club like Key Club. In fact, the last time I saw Filter was in Detroit at the very small St. Andrew’s Hall. That was an amazing show. Last night’s concert was fun, tho kinda on the short side. Richard Patrick sounds great … I had a blast. An aggro group of fans even started moshing … it was very 1996.

Here are a couple of videos from the show … they’re kinda dark but please enjoy. First up, (Can’t You) Trip Like I Do:


And, of course, their huge debut hit Hey Man, Nice Shot:


I gotta say … I really love seeing shows at the clubs on Sunset. They’re all very small so you get an intimate concert. I had a blast.

Tonight, David and I are planning to head downtown to hang out with Ollie and Caleb so that should be fun. Happy Monday, y’all!!

[Source, Source]




Katy Perry
Gina Carano
Britney Spears

No comments:

Post a Comment