Saturday, August 6, 2011

Watch: Sean Kingston Gives His First Interview Since His Jet Skiing Accident

Watch: Sean Kingston Gives His First Interview Since His Jet Skiing Accident
Back in May we learned that singer Sean Kingston was involved in a near deadly jet skiing accident in Florida and have happily learned since then that his recovery and recuperation is coming along nicely. After Sean was released from the hospital he surprised fans by jumping up on stage to perform with Nicki Minaj [...]

Back in May we learned that singer Sean Kingston was involved in a near deadly jet skiing accident in Florida and have happily learned since then that his recovery and recuperation is coming along nicely. After Sean was released from the hospital he surprised fans by jumping up on stage to perform with Nicki Minaj at the Miami, FL stop of Britney Spears‘s Femme Fatale Tour. Sean is even well enough to be hanging out with friends like Justin Bieber again. Today we get to hear from Sean, in his own words, for the first time since the accident. Click below to hear what Sean Kingston went thru in the wake of his accident and hear why he thinks it just wasn’t his time to die.


Sean Kingston has spoken for the first time about his near fatal jet ski accident and how close he came to dying. The singer underwent open heart surgery after doctors discovered a torn aorta with blood filling his chest. He was told most patients who suffer a similar injury die – but surgeons told the 21-year-old he had a guardian angel watching over him. ‘It was a life of death situation,’ said Kingston. ‘A lot of people don’t know it was a deeper situation. I had open heart surgery and I had two other surgeries.’ Kingston had been rushed to hospital after a jet ski accident near his home in Miami Beach, Florida on Memorial Day. He was thrown unconscious into the water and rescued by an off duty Coast Guard sailor Jonathan Rivera. The pair were reunited for the first time on the Today Show where Kingston thanked his rescuer for saving his life. Recalling the accident, he said: ‘As soon as I hit the bridge I got knocked out. My face was in the water, and that’s what crushed my lungs because I was getting in so much water.’ Kingston spent 11 days in hospital and after being taken off a ventilator and making good progress began to feel stabbing pains in his chest. Doctors had to use electric shock paddles to re-start his heart. Scans revealed a torn aorta and had to carry out open heart surgery. His surgeon Antonio Marttos told the Today show: ‘He tried to die on couple times on us, but we just refused to let him die.’ Kingston recalled,’the doctors came running and they did some other tests and they found that it was a like blood, a blood fusion around the heart and a torn aorta.’ The Beautiful Girls singer was told 90 per cent of people who suffer the same aorta injury do not survive. ‘The surgeon told me you had a guardian angel that day,’ said Kingston. Asked how he know feels, he said: ‘It’s a blessing. It’s definitely, you know. God is great. I feel like I’m blessed, overcome a tragic situation. Definitely trauma and for me to still be here. It’s only God’s work. I think my work is not done. I think it was just like, you know, it wasn’t my time yet.’ In an interview for MTV Kingston said: ‘I’m 100 per cent right now. What the accident basically taught me is, in life, you have to count your blessings.’

Wow … as dire as I suspected his injuries to be, I never imagined that Sean had damage done to his heart. This young man is very lucky to be alive and, thankfully, it sounds like he is well aware of that fact. It is very encouraging to see him looking and sounding so well. I find Sean Kingston to be an extremely talented performer and I wish him nothing but the best for a very long and very happy and healthy life. Stay grateful, Sean. Let this be lesson to all of us to count our blessings as much as we can.

[Source]




Bar Refaeli
Malin Akerman
Mila Kunis

No comments:

Post a Comment